Have you ever had a moment where you seem to be out of whack with your self or elements of life?
For example, does it ever seem like you don’t have enough time, energy, money, motivation?
Have you ever lost your oomph or mojo?
What if… these things were really just a sign that you are out of rapport with yourself?
NLP has a Presupposition (assumption) that says “resistance is a sign of a lack of rapport”, and aren’t these examples simply examples of resistance?
We have an NLP technique that will help you to get back into rapport with yourself – as a whole, or with an aspect of yourself; and its very simple to do with yourself or another person!
- Identify what the incongruence is in your life that you are out of rapport with (time, money, weight, etc.).
- Imagine an image of yourself and an image of what you are out of rapport with across from each other.
- Step into and associate with yourself looking over at the incongruence – what do you notice?
- Step into an associate with the incongruence looking over at yourself – what do you notice?
- Float to a Meta Position (observer) and watch as the two images come together and observe their relationship with each other – what do you notice about how they blend, connect and work together currently?
- Say the following statements to yourself and observe for any resistance – if there is resistance, chunk up to find the highest intention of this resistance:
- I desire ____ in my life. (eg. I desire money in my life)
- I welcome ____ in my life.
- I give myself permission to have ___ in my life.
- Go again to a Meta Position and observe the two images again and their relationship with each other – what do you notice about how they blend, connect and work together now.
- If there is still resistance, identify the beliefs, concepts or emotions holding you back from creating rapport with this part of you.
- Test & Future Pace